# The iPad and Me - Technology and News

The iPad and Me

Posted by admin | 6:58 PM

Perhaps I am getting old. I am 35 and feel like I am 75 sometimes. I mean look at where technology has gone. Sometimes I wonder what people think things use to be like. I am sure that has crossed your mind too. I started out with a beeper. Yes a beeper. I was so proud when my mom ( I am willing to admit this- no shame here ), and friends would beep me. I would run to my nearest pay phone and call the person back. It did not matter if it was important. Did you ever get a beep with a phone number and 911 or 411. Sometimes people would even make codes up.


That was a great start but then I moved on to cell phones. Man those were a lot more fun but man they were bulky. I was watching a Seinfeld re-run the other night and I saw a cordless phone on the show. It was the 90's and man were those things big. Well my first cell was just as big no flip in it and it seemed to weigh my entire pants down. But I felt cool you had to feel cool with a cell phone. I traded a tiny beeper for a giant cell phone. Well worth it though.
Then came my first flip phone it was cool and you know it. Brings you back. It had me going and I looked like someone even if I was a 20 something nobody. I graduated to a smaller flip phone same story weighed less.

Somehow about three years ago and yes I was behind the times a bit and I can hear the generation Y going you are old man we had that like so long ago. They would be right. But I got my first smart phone it was cool a blackberry. But wait there was more Monty ( sorry I watched lets make a deal reruns way too much ) I also got my first IPOD you know the classic one. No not the touch. But I loaded my 30 gig with all my old cd's ( what is that you ask well that is for another history lesson friends ). I was in heaven no more bulky players.

Finally today the best of all the iPad. Man, it is my browser, my reader, my music and movies all in one. No, it is not perfect ( I need more gig, Apple you listening? ), and hey, make it smaller ( there is a new one coming out and I am pumped - yes that is a teenage word ). I can kick back take a moment and say what am I in the mood of and whatever comes up in my head that is what and you know why? Yes because the iPad can do it.

Related Post

0 comments